Cattle Forum > Cattle Raising Forums > Parasites, Pests, & Predators >

Coyotes

Old 12-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #31
tnsalersbreeder
Cattle GURU!

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchWife View Post
Do you guys have competitive coyote hunts in your area? We have an event out here that consists of a combination golf, roping, and coyote calling. It's great, we have hunters come from all over and they help control the population.
Its open season on yotes year round here in TN. You can kill as many as you please anytime you please.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #32
tnsalersbreeder
Cattle GURU!

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsman53 View Post
I have a couple of coyotes that go close to or through my cows about every day. Since I'm not losing any calves and they aren't chasing any livestock I'm not sure it's a bad thing. The cows really watch them and sometimes will chase after them a little. When a cow goes off to have a calf it seems like there will be a couple of other cows within 100 yards or closer just hanging out until she gets around to bringing it in. The cows aren't scattering all over the pasture and the babysitters seem to be taking there job a little more serious.

Our cows do this to. Its like they setup a security perimeter.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:44 AM   #33
savannahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskcattle View Post
I am having problems with magpies pickin brands on cows and top of my bulls shoulders. Any suggestions what to put on the animals to stop them can't seem to shoot them. I am not sure how to make a new topic so I wrote it here

Hey you could always try and shoot one and then hang it on a nearby tree to prevent others from coming around