Disgusting

Discussion in 'Dairy Cattle Discussion' started by rene, Apr 24, 2014.

1. rene

rene New Member

If you ever worked on a dairy farm and come across a very disgusting cow. So far gangrene is #1 on my list. How about u?

2. Jason

Jason New Member

Dead rotten calf inside a cow.

Sent from my iPhone using Cattle Forum

3. Jonny

Jonny Beef Farmer

I'm with Jason. Dead calf inside a cow that's been baking for a few days is probably the most disgusting thing I have experienced.
    Cut out a few in my time. The smell sticks to you and takes several showers to wash it out.

4. rene

rene New Member

I have not had the pleasureof knowing about dead calves still in womb yet. Im sure the day will come. But as i am milkin and this quarter that has rotten and hanging still with a foul oddor about a foot away from your face. They dont collect these cows milk till they heal but they still hsve to be milked out down the drain. My boss tells me to bring bread to sop up some of these juices for a sandwich. Hmm...

5. kdixon

kdixon New Member

We had to pull a dead calf that had been festering for a few days.. on the 4th of July! ! Horrid

6. rene

rene New Member

I still don't understand why these cows here at home don't go through this. Mayby never noticed.

7. Fairfarmhand

Fairfarmhand New Member

Never had either experience. Don't think I want to either. Yuck!

8. kdixon

kdixon New Member

We had to pull three calves in a matter of weeks. My FIL decided to breed to a Charlois bull. He had huge babies. They were just to big for our X cows. So away he went. Now we're back to our Black balancer and he is just perfect.

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

Welcome to the forum kdixon :)

10. kdixon

kdixon New Member

Thanks! I've been lurking for awhile.

11. rene

rene New Member

Welcom kdixon.

12. Guernseys21

Guernseys21 New Member

Chloroform mastitis is pretty disgusting.