do you need insurance

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Alice, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Alice

Alice New Member

When you have a cow or two do you need any type of insurance? Like for if family coming over and something happens? Not a big cow farm.

2. Fairfarmhand

Fairfarmhand New Member

Homeowners insurance probably will cover it. You may need to switch to a farm type policy, but you should call your agent to check. Happily, farm policies (like those available at the farm bureau) are relatively inexpensive and they cover things like your barn burning or your tree falling on your fence.

3. dgeiger

dgeiger New Member

Your homeowners may cover it but I have a land & livestock policy. If someone gets hurt on my place or livestock gets out and hurts someone. It's a general liability policy.

4. CROWEmtnFARMS

CROWEmtnFARMS New Member

Ill tell you from expierience. Its cheap and well worth it. Call farm bureau or state farm ins and dont wait around. I had 2 get out one night and one of them totaled a cadillac escalade. Luckily nobody got hurt physically. But my wallet paid the price. And ur covered no matter what happens. DO IT. DO IT. DO IT

5. cattle

cattle Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder, you do need to check with your agent to make sure cattle and other livestock are covered.