Future prospect

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MarcRuval, Aug 12, 2014.

1. MarcRuval

MarcRuval New Member

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I joined the forum to gather more information from others. I think this forum is a great tool and place where farmers and the like can share and exchange information.

I'm currently active duty USMC and looking at raising cattle after I retire. I still 4.5 years left and am in the planning stages. Aside from the passion and enjoying the outdoors, I think a good business plan would be of order.... More to come on the forum.

I'm from southern CA and looking at the possibilities in northern WA.

Thanks all

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

Welcome and THANK YOU for your service!
    Were still growing so please be patient. :) Were really glad to have you here.

3. smokingsixgun

smokingsixgun New Member

Welcome and thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Cattle Forum

4. keeley1351

keeley1351 New Member

I'm studying to be an equine/bovine/large animal vet, what are the best programs in colleges for studying to get my d.v.m? Sorry if this is generally not cattle-related

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

Welcome!
    Take a minute and start a new thread introducing yourself! :) Might get some better responses.
    DVM's are cattle related. ;)
    Might want to include where your located and where your thinking about going to Vet School.
    If you need any posting help feel free to PM me. :)

6. feedjake

feedjake New Member

Yes, THANK YOU, and God Bless you for your service! I too am planning on starting my own grazing operation as soon as I possibly can. My biggest obstacle (as I'm sure is the case for many of us) is land procurement! Which gets back to, El Dinero! At least for me it does!

I've been down the road of "renting" land, or being in partnership with a land owner, and was actually in the process of starting a "partnered" (he had the money, and I had the labor/experience) operation for a land owner previously but was cut out at the last minute. I won't go into that my friend. But anyways, probably better in the long run anyways. Had the sheep there, and was just about to get the cattle on the farm...

Anyhoo... It's great to keep in touch, and see how you're doing, as we can share our experiences, and efforts.

God Speed, and God Bless!

7. allennikki51

allennikki51 New Member

I am 14 and a freshman in high school I am showing for the first time in my county fair this year and am not sure what the best type of bovine I should show... Any suggestions?

8. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

First off welcome to the forum.
    You'll probably get a better response if you start your own thread. :)