Goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets and Livestock' started by cattle, Oct 9, 2013.

1. cattle

cattle Administrator Staff Member

It's been years for me but growing up we kept an African Pygmy. Her name was buffy and she liked eating electronics.

Anyone raise goats?

2. angusrocks82

angusrocks82 New Member

Yes I raise boer goats

3. Hereford_Show_Girl

Hereford_Show_Girl New Member

That's my cows name too! Buffy :)

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

Have had quite a few goats over the years. Currently down to one out of a rescue doe. Lamancha x boer cross. Love them goats :)

5. Megan

Megan New Member

I've not been around goats, but I remember parents having a goat that would get out and eat Mom's special lilac bush. Goat got a new home. It was luck it was not in the freezer camp.

6. RanchWife

RanchWife New Member

I want a goat so bad!!!! My husband says no. They had one when his sister was a kid for her to practice goat tying, he said it climbed people's cars and would *ahem* "breed" the cow dog. Which is not good for a cow dogs ego. But I LOVE goat cheese, do any of you milk your goats and make cheese??? This is a dream of mine. How hard is it?

7. stephan

stephan New Member

I don't now we are planning to make some but we first need to wean a bunch of goat. We have close to 150 does and 20 bucks of Nubian boer cross, so lots work that does not get done. Also a cattle proof fence is NOT goat proof. Boards 4 inches apart up to 1 1/2 is almost ideal. Of course that is with ours. My uncles boers will stay behind 4 strands of electric wire were as ours go thru like butter.

8. RanchWife

RanchWife New Member

You must have some ninja goats. I hear goats are hell to keep penned.