Growths on belly

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by luke93, Nov 30, 2014.

1. luke93

luke93 New Member

Hi guys,

I went out to the pasture yesterday morning to check on my two 8 month old beef calves and noticed that one of them has got a number of growth like lumps on the underside of its belly and near its udders.

At first I thought It was just a bit of muck so I tried to wash it off this morning but it seems as though they are part of the skin.

I noticed one around the udder about a month ago but just didn't really think it was anything but now I am worried as more has appeared and they are larger.

They don't look like puss and are quite firm to the touch, I couldn't see clearly what colour they are as they do still have a little bit of mud on them.

Any body have any ideas?

Thanks

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

Hello :)
    With out any photos I'm not sure I can be of any help. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would cause what I'm picturing you've discribed.
    No temperature or any other symptoms? No one else has any?

3. luke93

luke93 New Member

Hi

I'm so sorry for the really late response, I thought they were going down but now have noticed they are bigger than ever, and her udders seem to have white marks on them.

She doesn't have a temperature, she's eating fine and acts normal. Doesn't seem to be In any pain.

I have a vet coming out in a couple of days but would love your opinion

Thanks ImageUploadedByCattle Forum1424532256.253777.jpg ImageUploadedByCattle Forum1424532277.260963.jpg ImageUploadedByCattle Forum1424532286.975981.jpg

4. charloisfarmer

charloisfarmer New Member

5. luke93

luke93 New Member

Part of it basically just dropped off, still a little section there.
    Udders have started to clear I believe.

Vet said they look to be just some form of large wart but couldn't be totally sure unless taking a biopsy and testing them