Hi everyone

Discussion in 'General Cattle Discussion' started by littlevohn, Jul 26, 2014.

1. littlevohn

littlevohn New Member

Hello I am new here's and I've been wondering... I own a 970 pound bull and I've been thinking of entering him into a rodeo. He's only 2 and a half so should I let him get bigger or as that as big as they get? Thank you for your time... Byeeeed

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

Welcome! Glad you've joined us. Be patient as were still growing around here. :) I'm sure other members will have some advice on this as well.
    What are you planning on doing with him? Bucking him? If so do you know he can buck and buck well? It's hard to compete with the big guys in rodeo anymore. Genetics play a large part these days but maybe you have an in with a smaller more local rodeo?
    What breed is he? Any pics you can share?

3. littlevohn

littlevohn New Member

He is a angus mix and I'll post a pic.

4. Dion

Dion New Member

Littlevohn, The bull sounds a bit small for an angus cross at that age. We expect them to be about 1300 by a year and a half for steers. There are a lot of ranches that produce rodeo bulls around Oklahoma. Most of their product is visibly larger than that. You never know. Someone might buy it. But if not you might look at selling him to someone for their personal herd or at the sale barn. Then you could use the proceeds to move to your next beef project.

5. cotopaxi14

cotopaxi14 New Member

Rodeo bulls are special bread to have a jacked up personality. They also put things in there Feed to make them angry and bigger.

6. saskcattle

saskcattle New Member

They don't put things in there feed to make them angry ha ha it's like me seeing broccoli on my plate just gets me mad ha ha. Your bull sounds pretty small for his age. If you want to buck him talk to a stock contractor they will have practice pens, there will be guys willing to get on him to see if he would buck. Or they will use a mechanical dummy. But odds of you getting him in a rodeo without him ever being bucked is slim to none

7. brahman

brahman New Member

Rodeo bulls don't get bred to act stupid and hurt people it's when people are Jack ass and make them wild.