Is this a wart?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by CPHerefords, Jun 21, 2017.

1. CPHerefords

CPHerefords New Member

I have a yearling heifer and a bull that have this growth on their shank. Is this a wart? I believe it is but it's the first time I've had such on my cattle.
    Thanks!![​IMG]

2. Scout_C

Scout_C New Member

That does look like a wart to me. I have a heifer who has one or two little warts on her jaw, but not anywhere near as big as that. :/

3. savannahh

savannahh New Member

This does look like a wart. My cattle have had them on the face around eyes neck and ears. You can have a vet come and cut a portion of it and then make a vaccine to make the cattle immune to the warts. We have done so in the past!

4. CPHerefords

CPHerefords New Member

What is in the photo has now dropped off my heifer, just a small spot where it was that I presume will go away and she'll regrow hair. Spot is maybe pea sized. I think it's all good now. Strange to me that it was on their leg. All my googling shows face, neck, ears, etc.... didn't really find any like what my yearlings had. Thanks for all the replies.

5. tnsalersbreeder

tnsalersbreeder Cattle GURU!

Make it bleed in the future it'll cause immunity to it. Or I know this is gross but you could cut em off and feed em to her in some feed. What I do is leave em alone and let em go away in their own.