Teriyaki beef???

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by Bessie, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Bessie

Bessie New Member

Does anyone have a good recipe like that used in the Japanese bento box for beef? I just ran across this and found I love it, but cannot figure out the sauce used on it.

Does anyone have a recipe that would work well with beef?

Thanks in advance
  2. TerriPQ

TerriPQ New Member

Most people like to slice the beef first and then stir fry it, but have found it easier to cook it in the wok first and THEN slice it: it eliminates a lot of stirring while the meat cooks.

I like it best if I sprinkle a sliced onion with a LITTLE sugar and let it rest a few minutes. Then I stir fry the onion in a little oil, set the onion aside so that it does not overcook, then cook the meat in a wok (or a frying pan) and slice it.

THEN I combine the onion and the veggies in the wok with the sauce and heat briefly.

The sauce I use is simplicity itself: I use soy sauce and a little sugar.

Now, I will say that my sauce is not quite as good as the sauce of a professional. Even so, my stir-fry beef is excellent.

OH! Edited to add: the sauce can be modified by adding a little sliced ginger, or crystalized ginger, or Hunan sauce. I expect there are other modifications you can try also, but this is what I have tried. I still prefer the plain soy with just a little sugar, though.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Repro Lover

Oh yum!!! Going to have to try that!