Cattle Forum - Your Online Cattle Resource and Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all!! I'm new to the forum, and would really like to get in touch with some folks around me here in Texas that have experience leasing pasture and working cattle. I'm looking at getting a bull and 4 or 5 heifers to put on a small lease to get started and learn. I'm having a hard time finding where to even begin looking for leases. If anyone has some input on this, I sure would be grateful! Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Quarter Horse x Appy mare
44 Posts
Howdy Y'all!! I'm new to the forum, and would really like to get in touch with some folks around me here in Texas that have experience leasing pasture and working cattle. I'm looking at getting a bull and 4 or 5 heifers to put on a small lease to get started and learn. I'm having a hard time finding where to even begin looking for leases
First off, welcome OP...!
As I replied on your other thread, I can help look if you are still needing help...Although I live up north in MT, I have many connections in TX (mainly rodeo connections lol) that can point me in the right direction to help you. Also, I know my way around the internet looking for leases:)

Couple Questions:
-what breed cattle are you looking to buy
-do you have experience with cattle
-how far are you willing to drive to buy a small herd, and you said you are located near San Antonio?
-max budget for a lease per month
-how long are you wanting to lease for?

·
Registered
2017 Quarter Horse x Appy mare
44 Posts
Only 15 acres, but that's definitely big enough for 5-6 cattle...

calculate out what we began with when we had a small cattle farm in West TN, we had 3 cattle per 2 acres, but you could easily keep 4 cattle per 2...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts