Cattle Forum - Your Online Cattle Resource and Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Thank you for adding me to the group!

I am new to cattle farming and need to be prepared for winter!!

Please suggest the best attire and boots, keep in mind I am 5ft tall & maybe 110 lbs. I wear a 5 1/2 (ladies US size).

I am looking for purchasing winter attire and boots that have a good lifetime and durability.

Boots, Beanie, Coveralls, socks, gloves (Winter necessities that I will need to be out in the pasture).

Lots of love, hugs and happy cows,

Donna

Registered
2017 Quarter Horse x Appy mare
Where are you located? So I can understand what winter is like there.

Please suggest the best attire and boots, keep in mind I am 5ft tall & maybe 110 lbs. I wear a 5 1/2 (ladies US size).

I am looking for purchasing winter attire and boots that have a good lifetime and durability.

Boots, Beanie, Coveralls, socks, gloves (Winter necessities that I will need to be out in the pasture).
Boots: I always wear Durango's or Roper boots. In mud though, you will just have to look around trying things on. I wear SHE outdoor boots from Cabela's, they are great for hunting too.
I suggest going to Boot Barn nearby and actually trying several brands on, I don't know what sizes they come in as I have a larger foot 馃槈.

Jeans: no matter what, I wear Wranglers 24/7! I would never wear a different brand.

Gloves: Carhartt gloves from Tractor Supply. Maybe not the best, they are only ~$16 but last a long time.

Registered
I don't really wear beanies, I wear earwarmers from RanchDressn.com under my hat (Only ever worn Rodeo King or Resistol/Stetson. When our kids were young, we would buy Justin hats because they are more cost-effective as they outgrew them fast 馃槉)

Definitely search through Fallon Taylor's website ^ RanchDressn.com and look around. She has lots of clothing and neat/useful things. As I said I would never wear anything other than Wranglers, but we do buy Ranch Dress'n printed jeans/flares for my daughters for rodeo. Our lives revolve around rodeo and ranching.

Registered
Socks: again, we mostly wear Carhartt or Merino wool sock. You want ones that are not too "air strapped" (needing airflow) because you can get infections if you have sweaty feet in boots too long or you will have hot feet, etc.

Coveralls: this is one Ariat product I really really like. Search Ariat coveralls and buy the women's rebar pair, you won't regret it. My husband and boys always wear Carhartt.

Well, I think that's it! Feel free to ask more questions: )
Have a blessed day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts