Cattle

Discussion in 'Other Pets and Livestock' started by ethan, Mar 21, 2014.

1. ethan

ethan New Member

All my life I halve bin wanting to rase a calf for beef naw that I'm 15 I found a peac of land and need pointers thanks for the help

2. RanchWife

RanchWife New Member

3. ethan

ethan New Member

About an acre

4. RanchWife

RanchWife New Member

5. ethan

ethan New Member

We wear planing on feeding them hey eny mor pointers

6. ethan

ethan New Member

And will there be
    A profit if I sell half

7. RanchWife

RanchWife New Member

When you're buying feed it may be hard to make a profit. But if you have the money and a profit is an after thought, you could try it. I raise a couple chickens and the eggs they lay aren't near enough to cover their expenses but I keep them because I like them. Maybe look into a smaller breed of cattle that would be more of an easy keeper and require less feed.

www.calving2014.wordpress.com

8. rene

rene New Member

I buy grain like corn and oats. I soak it all and add electrolytes an a ration of cotton seed meal . Im feeding half a bucket per head, and it's costing less than a dollar a day each. And bring one from birth bottle fed.6 weeks and grain ration for a year. They get up to 600 in a year. Finding grain at a decent $ is the key to profit.

9. RHCattle

RHCattle New Member

Start with water supply. Cows drink a lot. Strong fence and gates feed will feed ranging in price. Being a small size place they will be on hay year round .

10. RHCattle

RHCattle New Member

Cattle also need ruffage/staw / hay or your dealing with bloat and death.