Cattle Forum - Your Online Cattle Resource and Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Repro Lover
554 Posts
Have had quite a few goats over the years. Currently down to one out of a rescue doe. Lamancha x boer cross. Love them goats :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've not been around goats, but I remember parents having a goat that would get out and eat Mom's special lilac bush. Goat got a new home. It was luck it was not in the freezer camp.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I want a goat so bad!!!! My husband says no. They had one when his sister was a kid for her to practice goat tying, he said it climbed people's cars and would *ahem* "breed" the cow dog. Which is not good for a cow dogs ego. But I LOVE goat cheese, do any of you milk your goats and make cheese??? This is a dream of mine. How hard is it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't now we are planning to make some but we first need to wean a bunch of goat. We have close to 150 does and 20 bucks of Nubian boer cross, so lots work that does not get done. Also a cattle proof fence is NOT goat proof. Boards 4 inches apart up to 1 1/2 is almost ideal. Of course that is with ours. My uncles boers will stay behind 4 strands of electric wire were as ours go thru like butter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts