Cattle Forum - Your Online Cattle Resource and Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I went out to the pasture yesterday morning to check on my two 8 month old beef calves and noticed that one of them has got a number of growth like lumps on the underside of its belly and near its udders.

At first I thought It was just a bit of muck so I tried to wash it off this morning but it seems as though they are part of the skin.

I noticed one around the udder about a month ago but just didn't really think it was anything but now I am worried as more has appeared and they are larger.

They don't look like puss and are quite firm to the touch, I couldn't see clearly what colour they are as they do still have a little bit of mud on them.

Any body have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Repro Lover
554 Posts
Hello :)
With out any photos I'm not sure I can be of any help. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would cause what I'm picturing you've discribed.
No temperature or any other symptoms? No one else has any?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I'm so sorry for the really late response, I thought they were going down but now have noticed they are bigger than ever, and her udders seem to have white marks on them.

She doesn't have a temperature, she's eating fine and acts normal. Doesn't seem to be In any pain.

I have a vet coming out in a couple of days but would love your opinion

Thanks ImageUploadedByCattle Forum1424532256.253777.jpg ImageUploadedByCattle Forum1424532277.260963.jpg ImageUploadedByCattle Forum1424532286.975981.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part of it basically just dropped off, still a little section there.
Udders have started to clear I believe.

Vet said they look to be just some form of large wart but couldn't be totally sure unless taking a biopsy and testing them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts