How do you do

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by reneedarley, Mar 30, 2015.

1. reneedarley

reneedarley New Member

;)
    I am Renee. Born and raised in Yorkshire (roughly 20 years)
    Moved on to Denmark for about 30 years.
    Ended in Central Sweden where I think the next 40 years will do me.:D
    I have 100 acres, mostly evergreen forest and live in an area with a population of 2 per square mile. THere are 4 villages on the hill where I live . One person in one village, 3 in two of the others and ours is over inhabited with 10 people. So I interact socially through the world wide web. I imagine in the old days I would have had pen-friends.
    By heart I am a sheep farmer and am trying to restore as many of the old abandoned pastures in tha area as possible. During the last couple of years I have decided to go over to cows. Why?
    They eat more.
    They take less fencing in.
    They produce milk.
    I have a crazy notion that i might be able to start a niche production of icecream incorporating all the delicious berries that grow wild in the forests.
    Here in Jämtland we have a rare breed, fjällnära THis is the breed I have chosen and have now three cows, a bull calf and a heifer. I will decribe the breed and farming practises here later. I am rather erratic in posting as my work load is very erratic. Just now it is lambing season and we got 12 inches of snow a couple of days ago so life is....challenging.
    I am looking forward to meeting you and learning more about milk cows.
    Yours sincerely, Renee
    It is I on the left, a fjällnära on the right, behind some friesans too[​IMG]

2. cattle

cattle Administrator Staff Member

Good morning Renee
    Nice to meet you. That looks like a large cow, but friendly to you.

Good luck on the ice cream with your berries.

3. jbardellini

jbardellini Member

Welcome to the forum