Cattle Forum - Your Online Cattle Resource and Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heifer that is a little over a year and a half. She has a runny nose, boogers in her eyes and cough. I'm thinking pneumonia. We gave her 40.5 cc LA-200, 10cc per injection ,4 injections total. Per box instructions. I went to check on her and she has lumps where we injected her.

Is this normal, or should I contact the vet? The lump is pretty large.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I usually rub the injection site gently right after I pull the needle out to help the medication absorb. I wonder if your heifer is allergic to the meds or ingredients?

·
Registered
74 Posts
We had home same thing happen after we injected ours with LA200. It took almost a month for the lump to go away. I was so worried about it I call our lg animal cry to come look to make sure I didn't screw up. He said LA200 can make a lump like that. The tissue gets upset and it takes a month or so to relax hand inflamed tissue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had home same thing happen after we injected ours with LA200. It took almost a month for the lump to go away. I was so worried about it I call our lg animal cry to come look to make sure I didn't screw up. He said LA200 can make a lump like that. The tissue gets upset and it takes a month or so to relax hand inflamed tissue.

We get that quite often. That go away after a while and are usually nothing to worry about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts