Cattle Forum - Your Online Cattle Resource and Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to cattle farming and want to start up my own. What will be the estimated cost of setting up 50 cows at spot, also what will type of machinery I will have to buy to perform daily job in the farm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do u use milking machine ? Milk cooler, packing machine and so on. Just like to have more and more idea.

Also, what budgeting can i expect to startup farming.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you for quick response. I want to keep dairy cattle for milk production ... Need help if someone in this group is have dairy farm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you wanting to start a dairy or just need operation? Also do you have the livestock already or will you be purchasing that as we'll? Where are you located?

·
Registered
16 Posts
50 cow dairy wouldnt break even here but MAY do in your area depending on your climate and the amount of land /quality of pasture you have available .You will have to suplementry feed to some extent at a minimum you will need FEL tractor ,grain silo .milking shed & yards vet crush milking machine milk vats, wash downetc.your location will make a differance to what you need

·
Registered
84 Posts
You'll need a tractor with loader and bale tongs, hay swather, baler, a truck or wagon to move hay, at least a 3/4 ton truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts